Analysis ACP-Overview and Policies 2021-22
Mrs. Bell- Room firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematics is the door and key to the sciences. –Roger Bacon
General Topics: Sequences, General and Recursive Formulas for sequences, Financing of Loans and Annuities, Using Spreadsheets, Fallacies and Logical Reasoning, Working with Large Numbers and Scientific Notation, Estimation Applications, Business Algebra, Unit Conversions, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions and Models, Regressions from Data, Right Triangle Trigonometry.
Materials: You will need pencils, pens (if you like to use them), graph paper, a TI-83 graphing calculator, and a math notebook. If you are using a spiral bound notebook, you will also folders or pockets for handouts and to keep assessments in.
Grading Breakdown for 1st Term*:
- Class Participation and Group Work - 10%
- Homework Checks and Homework quizzes- 10%
- Quizzes and Tests- 80%
*The grading breakdown is subject to change. You would be informed of any change and the reasoning behind it.
- Extra Help/Open Classroom- You are strongly encouraged to come to room 428 when you have questions or just need a place with good thinking air to do some work. And if you need to set a time to discuss something privately, come by and we’ll set that up. I will be available several times a week from 7:40-8:30 AM or from 2:35-3:00 or 3:30 PM. Also, the Math Lab schedule is posted in my classroom and around the school. I’m in there many blocks and other teachers can help you too. Check your schedule and use the Math Lab for support!
- Food, Drinks, Electronics, MASKS- No cell phone use in the classroom. Please be courteous and simply keep all electronics turned off. No food in classroom. And remember, drinks must have a hard top. Please help keep our school and classroom clean. And, wear your MASKS- thank you!
- Fire exit/emergency – Please adhere to the designed route and policy when we need to leave the building. In case of emergency, there are emergency #’s posted next to the classroom phone.
- Leaving class- If you must go to the bathroom, sign out on the sign-out sheet. Only one student is allowed out of the classroom at a time unless there is an extenuating circumstance.
- Refer to the Student Handbook for other general WHS classroom rules.
- Enrich our classroom. You have the power to make our school and this classroom better! Be a positive force. Be respectful of all people and things. Do not get in the way of your own or others opportunities for learning and thinking and having a good day. We are all counting on you. Please. And thank you in advance!
Our Analysis CANVAS page:
I will post homework assignments, test and quiz dates, Smart Board slides from class when helpful, handouts, links, other resources, and I will use the Discussion tab for class discussions to “big” questions.
-Test dates will be announced at least a week in advance and there will be 2 tests given each term. Longer quizzes will be announced 2-3 classes before the quiz but short open note quizzes may be unannounced.
-There are NO make-up/re-take tests or quizzes for students whose absence from class is unexcused. However, I do encourage all students to do test/quiz corrections.
-If you are excused absent and miss a test or quiz, see or email me the day you return to school to schedule a makeup time to take the test. (As it says in the student handbook, “A student needs to meet with their teachers immediately upon his/her return to school to schedule makeup work.”) Even if we do not have class the day you return to school, see or email me the day you are out or the day you return. I will need you to make up the test/quiz within 2 school days of your return to school unless you have missed more than 1 class leading up to the assessment. Makeups can be scheduled to start anytime between 7:30 and 2:45 on most days.
“The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas. -Linus Pauling
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.