Wellesley High School, Room 443
Instructor: Mr. Eric P. Collins
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 7:30-8:30 Other times by appointment after school or during math lab.
Text: Geometry, by Larson & Boswell, Copyright 2015, Big Ideas Learning, LLC.
Course Outline: Major Topics Covered (Order is subject to change)
(1) Basics of Geometry
(2) Reasoning and Proof
(3) Perpendicular and Parallel Lines
(4) Congruent Triangles
(5) Properties of Triangles
(8) Right Triangles and Trigonometry
(10) Area of Polygons and Circles
(11) Surface Area and Volume
Evaluation: Each quarter grade will be based upon
(1) Homework 10%
(2) Quizzes 35%
(3) Tests 55%
Final Grade: Each term accounts for 22% of your grade (88% total) and 12% is accounted from the final exam.
(1) A calculator will be permitted to work on homework and most exams.
(2) Homework is due at the beginning of class on the due date. Problem sets will be graded only if they are neat and legible. Late assignments will NOT be accepted unless due to an excused absence.
(3) Feel free to work with your classmates on the homework assignments, but write up the solutions on your own. A paper with answers and no solutions will not be accepted.
(4) Attendance at all classes is important and expected. Make-ups will be given only in the case of documented illness, emergency in the family, or an absence excused by the instructor prior to the date.
(5) Quizzes may be frequent and homework will be given on the weekends.
(6) You are responsible for all of the daily warm-ups. Since the warm-ups are all based on review material you are expected to take the warm-up quiz on the day it is given regardless of absences.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.