Wellesley High School, Room 443
Instructor: Mr. Eric P. Collins
Text: Geometry, by Larson & Boswell, Copyright 2015, Big Ideas Learning, LLC.
Course Outline: Major Topics Covered (Order is subject to change)
(1) Basics of Geometry
(2) Reasoning and Proof
(3) Perpendicular and Parallel Lines
(4) Congruent Triangles
(5) Properties of Triangles
(8) Right Triangles and Trigonometry
(10) Area of Polygons and Circles
(11) Surface Area and Volume
Evaluation: Each quarter grade will be based upon
(1) Homework 5%
(2) Weekly Delta Math 20%
(3) Performance Assessments 30%
(4) Proofs (Standards Based Grading) 10%
(5) Chapter Tests 35%
Final Grade: Each term accounts for 50% of your grade.
Standards Based Grading For Proofs: SBG for Proofs.pdf
Math Lab: Math Lab 20-21.pdf
(1) Graphing calculators should be purchased. Almost every assessment will require that you use a calculator.
(2) Homework is due at the beginning of class on the due date.
(3) Feel free to collaborate with your classmates on the homework assignments, but write up the solutions on your own.
(4) Attendance at all classes (in-person and on-line) is important and expected.
(5) It is expected that you leave your cameras on when you are remote and engaged with me. When you are simply watching my screen or taking notes, you may turn off your camera.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.