Wellesley High School, Room 443
Instructor: Mr. Eric P. Collins
Text: The Practice of Statistics, by Yates, Moore, Tabor & Starnes, Copyright 2014, W.H. Freeman & Co.
Course Outline: Major Topics Covered (Order is subject to change)
(1) Displaying Data and Distributions
(2) Standard Deviation and Normal Distributions
(3) Scatterplots, Regression, Correlation & Causation
(4) Sampling, Experiment Design, & Statistical Inference
(5) Probability Models
(6) Random Variables with Binomial and Geometric Distributions
(7) Sampling Distributions
(8) Confidence Intervals & Tests of Significance
(9) Inference for Distributions and Proportions
(10) Inference for Two-Way Tables & Goodness of Fit
(11) Inference for Regression
Evaluation: Each Term grade will be based upon:
(1) Tests (cumulative in nature) 70%
(2) Quizzes 25%
(3) Homework 5%
Term 4 is 80% of the average of your three terms plus 20% of review and the last chapter.
Final Grade: Each term accounts for 25% of your grade. The final exam is the AP Test.
Math Lab: Math Lab Schedule 2021-22.pdf
(1) A graphing calculator will be permitted to work on homework and exams and is essential. Please purchase a TI-84, TI-84 Plus, or its equivalent.
(2) Homework is due at the beginning of class on the due date.
(3) Feel free to collaborate with your classmates on the homework assignments, but write up the solutions on your own.
(4) Attendance at all classes (in-person and on-line) is important and expected.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.