Welcome to Skills Civics!
This class focuses on helping students gain the skills necessary to be actively engaged citizens. Topics include:
* What it means to be a citizen.
* Rights and Responsibilities.
* How to actively engage in your community.
* Brief history of voting in the U.S.
* Who can vote.
* When we vote.
* Why/how to vote.
- Local Resources
* Understanding your community.
* Accessing local resources.
* Town departments (what they are and when they do).
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.