Welcome to Precalculus Honors
Precalculus is a course dedicated to trigonometry and its applications. It is essential to your success in Calculus and other future math courses. We also cover sequences and series, rational functions and some statistics.
- TOPICS: We are going to cover a range of topics including: radian measure, applications of radian measure, the unit circle, trigonometric functions, inverse trigonometric functions, trigonometric identities, polar equations, rational functions, vectors and more!
- CANVAS: We are going to be using Canvas to structure our course. I will be posting our calendar, list of assignments, etc. This is where you will go to find anything that you need for our course.
- RESOURCES: We will use many different resources to help us master this content. Worksheets for practice, Delta Math and problems in our textbook. Delta Math is an online learning tool that will give you instant feedback on the learning goals. They will explain how to complete problems and help you if you make an error. This online platform is going to be great to help you determine if you are mastering the standards. Completing textbook problems will also help you master content as it will give you the opportunity to work through different levels of difficulty.
- MATERIALS: It is important you have either a binder OR a notebook and a folder. You will be receiving practice packets and taking notes and it is important that you are able to organize these items. You must also have a graphing calculator (TI-83 or TI-84). You must bring this to class every day. If you are unable to get one, please come see me.
- BEHAVIOR: Appropriate and respectful behavior is expected at all times. I hope that we can work together to create a learning environment that is fun and productive.
- GRADING: Outlined below is our grading system.
Classwork will consist of graded warm-ups, group quizzes and other classroom assignments.
These will be given every week or so depending on the pace of the unit. They are designed to see how well you are mastering the learning goals.
I am so excited to be working with all of you this year!
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.