UNITED STATES HISTORY
Wellesley High School
Course Syllabus: US History Honors Course Syllabus 2022-2023
This course surveys key periods in United States history from the founding to the present. The course is taught thematically and is organized into the following three units:
- Theme One: American Democracy
- How is the American government structured and how have the powers allocated to each branch of government shifted and changed over time?
- Theme Two: Foreign Policy and Diplomacy
- What have been the major foreign policy frameworks and decision points in American history and what implications have they had for the American people?
- Theme Three: The Pursuit of Equality
- Through what mechanisms have marginalized groups gained greater equality in both law and in practice?
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.