Hello everyone! We are looking forward to meeting you and getting started with AP US History.
Here is our course expectations document. We'll go over it together in a few days, but for now, we do want to highlight that you'll need a notebook with lined paper and a three-ring binder for our course. Here also is the link to the schedule for the first two units.
Need extra help? Let's set up a meeting. Mr. Riely has office hours from 2:30 to 3:05 every Wednesday after school. I can also meet plenty of other times. Just ask me in person or send me an email. Here is a link to my schedule so you can see when I'm free.
Finally, let us briefly explain how grading will work this year. Each quarter grade is worth 22% of your year grade, with a final exam worth 12%. Quarters are made up of Major and Minor Assignments. The former, consisting of tests, extended quizzes, and essays, is worth 75% of the quarter grade, while latter, which includes short quizzes and short writing assignments, makes up the remaining 25%.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.